The Longmont radical’s direct assault on local jobs & private property rights
The following is a guest opinion by Longmont resident Richard Yale
Why have Councilmembers Levinson, McCoy and Hansen picked Mayor Baum to demonize and try to drum him out of legislative discussions? What’s behind their attacks over CML endorsements, solar subsidies, Longmont Area Economic Association, the Chamber of Commerce?
Most Longmonters are unaware that these three radical members are the leading edge of the greatest threat to their freedom, a United Nations program known as Agenda 21. The reorganization of Longmont’s Department of Economic Development is the local tool created by the past anti private enterprise Council created to carry out Agenda 21’s sustainability agenda. This is an amalgamation of socialism and extreme environmentalism with a veneer of anti-American, anti-capitalist overtones witnessed at last night’s meeting. The radical threeare using the cleverly named alternative: “smart growth“ to deceive voters as to their motive and goals along with BoCo which is a breathtaking reshuffling of land rights:
- Rezoning of thousands of acres of beautiful, low-density agricultural farmland and protected residential conservation land into Open Space.
- Down-zoning of agriculture land to prevent future subdivision by farmers.
- Up-zoning of low-density residential land in town into higher density zoning to permit construction of hundreds or possibly thousands of inclusive housing units, including apartments and condominiums.
- Inclusive housing with placement of multi-family construction on in-fill lots within existing residential single family communities.
- Endorsement of government-sponsored housing initiatives (subsidies) to accommodate displaced citizens looking for affordable housing due to BoCo and the City’s creation of a shortage of land to curb the American Dream.
Regardless of political orientation, two indisputable facts remain. Agenda 21 is a direct assault on private property rights and Longmont’s sovereignty from the BoCo Commissars. It is a cancer on Longmont jobs & business development in the form of Levison-McCoy-Hansen. With three resignations jobs & economic recovery would return.
Tagged Agenda 21. Bookmark the permalink.